Friday, April 12, 2013

Rainy Days

It's been raining for the last two days here in Central Ohio.  I've been wanting to post more spring photos and tell more about what I'm doing in the garden, but I've decided to wait until there are sprouts!  I thought I'd post a couple of photos while we wait for the sun to return!

I have 4 different breeds of chickens that make up my small flock.  This is what their eggs look like!  They range from light brown to dark speckled brown!  I will be adding 3 new breeds to the group this summer.  Two more brown egg layers and one breed that will lay greenish blue tinted eggs! Stay tuned!




I found countless articles on the internet showing how plastic feed bags (birdseed, cat food, chicken feed etc.) can be recycled into reusable shopping bags!  This was NOT my invention but my mom decided to make one.  She has since made several out of chicken feed bags, and they work great!  One less thing in the landfill!



I'll be posting another update soon, hopefully with sprouts!

No comments: