Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Solstice Garden Update

Hello! We have just begun the summer months.  I took some photos this morning to show how much progress the garden has made in just a few weeks!  I also took a photo of my homemade citrus cleaner. You can check out how I made it here.  Most of you know I saved 4 baby bunnies a couple of months ago, and I released them about a month ago.  Just thought I'd let you know, I've seen them around!  They stick to the back around the chicken coop.  June 20th my baby chicks arrived!  I had 13 of them ordered from Meyer Hatchery.  Two of them didn't make it.  This is tough, even for me, who has been around baby chicks the majority of my life. Day old baby chicks are very fragile and it isn't uncommon to lose some.  Just the way of the world I guess.  Anyway, I've still got 11 of them and they're so cute!  I posted a photo of them below too!  Enjoy the photos!  You can click on the photos to see them larger if you'd like.  *If you are a new reader, please keep in mind you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "OLDER POSTS" to see all previous posts!




















Check out the green peppers!


This small greenhouse from Harbor Freight was only around $200 bucks on sale and we have used it quite a bit!

Greenhouse Tomatoes


Kidney Beans!

This is the squash garden. Zucchini, yellow squash and spaghetti squash.

This is an older photo of a sunrise on my camera!  You can tell because there are no leaves on the tree. I thought I'd post it anyway!

Just one more view of half of the big garden.

No comments: